Information Collection and Use
1) User provided and user permission.
Registration. When you create a Tripcor account, you are voluntarily sharing information with us. You may share some personal information when you create an account including your name, age, password, and email address; some of which may be listed publicly on your buddy profile page. If you choose to access Tripcor via Facebook or Twitter, you may be giving us access to some information from those accounts.
Additional Information. Our site is designed to provide all users the ability to publicly share their information with the world. Most of this information is displayed publicly. We receive and store all information entered onto our Web site, including the buddies you follow and that are following you, your added and uploaded photos, and the photos you like. When you create itineraries and suitcases, comment on other users’ photos, or share photos and itineraries with buddies, you are providing us with public information. The default setting for an account is public so you should be cautious about the items you post. However, you can change your account settings to private at anytime. You may choose not to provide us with information at any point, though some information is required in order to enjoy the perks of being a member of Tripcor such as creating itineraries. Furthermore, if you email us, we may store your message to help us improve the site.
Others’ Information. When you share content from Tripcor or share an itinerary with a friend via the site, you are providing us with that person’s information. We recommend you obtain consent before providing this information if you choose to provide us with this.
2) Technological information
Location Information. When it is accessible, we may collect and store your location information. We will use the location information from your device or photos to enhance features of our site and to better classify uploaded photos.
Cookies. Depending on your settings and how you access our products, we may employ the use of session and/or persistent “cookies”, or small data text files stored on your computer’s hard drive and sent by your computer that are unique to your account or browser. Cookies are used to record log data and are used to help us improve our services. Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically; however, you can change the settings in your browser to not do so. By disabling cookies, some services may not function properly. Cookies help us to recognize you as a previous visitor and remember any preferences you may have for your account. They may also be used to customize content and measure the effectiveness of special offerings, advertisements, or other features.
Log Data. Our servers automatically record information (or log data) when you use our site. Including your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, the device you are using, your operating system, the pages you visited, your interaction with links, and other interactions. This information greatly helps us to improve our services by allowing us to better understand users.
Third-Party Sources. Your information may be obtained from affiliated entities such as social media sites, our blog, and Google Analytics. These service providers may collect your information sent from your browser to help us provide better services.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices. Advertising affiliates of Tripcor my collect information through cookies and other web technologies about your searches and uploaded content to serve you with advertisements customized to you.
We will not share your personal information (such as email addresses) directly with advertisers.
Your choices in the collection of your information
If you create an account with Tripcor, you can change the information on your profile and account settings at any time. You can also connect or disconnect your account to other services (such as Facebook and Twitter) or close your account.
We may choose to use email communications to share useful information with users. Please note you have the opportunity to choose to stop receiving messages from us.
In addition, your browser, device, and software may offer choices on how you share information with Tripcor through cookies, location information, or other data storage.
Tripcor is designed to allow users to share their trip experiences with others. When you create suitcases or public itineraries, anyone can view them. The information you include on your profile can be viewed by the public. We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will not disclose your personal information except in the circumstances discussed in this policy.
- With your consent. Your information may be shared or disclosed with third party services or applications, such as Twitter or Facebook, when you choose to link your accounts or publish your activity to them. The information you share on outside sites will be governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
- Third Parties. We may employ third party service providers or individuals to perform services or functions on our behalf. We may share your information with these third party service providers subject to confidentiality obligations. In addition, we may authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf as needed to perform their services.
- Law and Harm. We reserve the right to disclose your information if it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request. Additionally, your information may be disclosed if it is necessary to protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, including Tripcor; or to address a fraud, security, or other technical issue.
- Corporate Transactions. We may be required to disclose, transfer, or sell user information in connection with a corporate transaction such as: mergers, acquisitions, dissolution, consolidation, asset sale, or other reorganization; or in the case of a bankruptcy.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share or disclose information that is non-private or otherwise non-personal, with our partners, advertisers, investors or others. Examples of this kind of information include: public profile information, number of users who have clicked on a link or added a certain photo to their itinerary, or the number of users who visit our site.
- Additional Information. If you choose to create a profile on Tripcor, it is possible for the public to view certain information on your profile. You can edit what information is shared with the public in your account settings.
What do we do with the information we collect?
Tripcor uses the information we collect from users for the following general purposes:
- To register and create a personal account and to manage your account and to communicate with you, send you updates, or respond to any questions or comments.
- To measure interest in each area of our site, products, and services, so that we can better develop new areas and products of the site.
- To provide customized content
- To allow us to build content to assist the Tripcor community in planning trips and discovering new locations.
Tripcor is not directed to persons under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Should an individual we know to be under the age of 13 provide us with personal information, we will remove the information and delete the user’s profile.
Changes to this Policy
Questions and Comments
If you have a question or comments regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form located on the “Contact Us” tab on the footer of the site.